Cameleon is fast-adaptive, has flexible imaging and stereoscopic view.
Cameleon is flexible imaging platform based on Spartan-3E FPGA and USB communication. It offers simple entry point to FPGA imaging. The FPGA can be used for real-time high-speed image processing.
The package includes the FPGA reference design and PC software with source code. Examples in C#, MatLab and Xilinx tool suite are available.
The image-processing core library includes 3D laser triangulation (3D scanning)* and a 2D FIR filter. It is extremely versatile and rich in free IOs, which can be used for VGA, SPI, I2C, encoders, etc.
* Cameleon WVGA mono only!
- Aptina MT9V034,
- 1/3” CMOS colour or monochrome sensor,
- 752 × 480 pixels,
- 6 μm pixel size,
- 64 FPS continuous video acquisition,
- global shutter,
- linear or high dynamic range response.
- Mini USB2.0 connection to PC (USB powered ~ 1.5 W),
- header for external USB connector,
- 40-pin header for head connection,
- 34-pin header for add-ons connection.
- 1.6 Mgates Spartan-3E with 64 MB DDR SDRAM
- 4.5 or 7.5 Mgates Spartan-6LX option
- Xilinx EDK system-on-chip maximizes system flexibility
- Reference design included.
- 64 × 80 × 41 mm (housing),
- 64 × 80 × 43 mm (M12 LED housing),
- 47 × 54 × 31 mm (OEM with M12 lens holder).
compatible with Optomotive SHARKi software (full source included) and other machine vision software’s, like Halcon, National Instruments, etc., usable through CAM_API dynamically linked library in custom applications (C++, C# examples included) and 3rd party applications (MATLAB(R), LabView(R), etc.).
- Up to 2 additional sensors per camera, perfectly synchronized.
- 46 general purpose user-programmable digital I/O pins.
- Included IP core for 3D laser scanning* – real time laser profile extraction algorithm with image rotation, 16x sub-pixel resolution and intensity.
- Custom user firmware upgrade (soft-hardware and software) creation utilities included.
- Complete open source reference design available.
- Lenses: M12 lens mount and 6-pack of lenses included in OEM package.
- Cameleon WVGA only!
- Custom LED ring lighting
- Additional camera heads
- Opto-isolation board
- C or CS lens mount
- Housing with LED ring and M12 lens mount (IP67 option)
- C or CS housing (IP67 option)
- Additional IP cores available on demand
Research and Development Projects:
- 3D Laser Face Scanner – University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Laboratory of Optodynamics and Laser Applications (also available for purchase/contact us for more info)
- 3D Laser Engraving Machine for Engraving on Arbitrary Surfaces (patented) – University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Laboratory of Optodynamics and Laser Applications
- 3D Laser Scanner – University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Laboratory for Manufacturing Cybernetics and Experimentation (also available for purchase/contact us for more info)
- Waterproof Camera Prototype for Infrastructural Lightning Application
- Camera Prototype for 3D Retina Scanner
- Camera’s FPGA Architecture for Reverse Vending Machine
- Printing Control (also available for purchase/contact us for more info)