Velociraptor is fast running and fast grabbing.
Velociraptor is the ultimate FPGA camera with a very large Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA and high speed imaging sensor. It is based on new GigaBee modules, which incorporate dual DDR3 memory and Gigabit Ethernet. It is ultimate-performance system-on-chip (SOC) technology, combined with latest turbocharged industrial CMOSIS imaging sensors.
Semi-Custom FPGA camera accelerates time-to-market for special applications
FPGA reference design with source code available – Velociraptor HSDK
- Aptina MT9V034,
- 1/3” CMOS colour or monochrome sensor,
- 752 × 480 pixels,
- 6 μm pixel size,
- 64 FPS continuous video acquisition,
- global shutter,
- linear or high dynamic range response.
- Mini USB2.0 connection to PC (USB powered ~ 1.5 W),
- header for external USB connector,
- 40-pin header for head connection,
- 34-pin header for add-ons connection.
- 1.6 Mgates Spartan-3E with 64 MB DDR SDRAM
- 4.5 or 7.5 Mgates Spartan-6LX option
- Xilinx EDK system-on-chip maximizes system flexibility
- Reference design included.
- 64 × 80 × 41 mm (housing),
- 64 × 80 × 43 mm (M12 LED housing),
- 47 × 54 × 31 mm (OEM with M12 lens holder).
compatible with Optomotive SHARKi software (full source included) and other machine vision software’s, like Halcon, National Instruments, etc., usable through CAM_API dynamically linked library in custom applications (C++, C# examples included) and 3rd party applications (MATLAB(R), LabView(R), etc.).
- Up to 2 additional sensors per camera, perfectly synchronized.
- 46 general purpose user-programmable digital I/O pins.
- Included IP core for 3D laser scanning* – real time laser profile extraction algorithm with image rotation, 16x sub-pixel resolution and intensity.
- Custom user firmware upgrade (soft-hardware and software) creation utilities included.
- Complete open source reference design available.
- Lenses: M12 lens mount and 6-pack of lenses included in OEM package.
- Cameleon WVGA only!
- Custom LED ring lighting
- Additional camera heads
- Opto-isolation board
- C or CS lens mount
- Housing with LED ring and M12 lens mount (IP67 option)
- C or CS housing (IP67 option)
- Additional IP cores available on demand
- Motion capture
- 3D scanners